Resilient AWS Infrastructure: New IT Svit Project
- Amazon S3 AWS Cloud Clutch DevOps Infrastructure Neo4j News Web
One of our customers required building a resilient AWS infrastructure with a Neo4j DB behind it. To do this we put to a good use our skills in building flexible, secure and transparent AWS systems.
The task itself was to ensure security, resilience, and flexibility of operations for a web application. The peculiar challenges were the requirement of using the existing database (Neo4j Database Community Edition) that does not provide built-in redundancy capabilities. An additional challenge was the fact the web application was under development, so the number of components, their size, and the operational volume might be changed.
We knew that application consisted of the following components: Customer-facing UI, API, and a Neo4j database. To implement the required solution we’ve split the application deployment into three parts:
- Amazon S3 storage behind the Amazon CloudFront CDN for Frontend part.
- Several API instances in different Availability Zones behind the Amazon Application Load Balancer (ALB).
- An Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance for Neo4j database engine with Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) volume attached for data persistence.
Both the UI and the API parts operate in private networks, protected by Amazon CDN and Amazon ALB. This way the origin instances where the application is running are not available directly from the Internet. A bastion host is used for management tasks.
This way the system is quite simple and elegant while providing such important features:
- Security, as it blocks any access to the sensitive data, preventing various network attacks due to the architecture.
- Resilience, as a single component failure will not affect the performance of the other components directly, due to the modular structure.
- Scalability, an option to flexibly scale the system components (DB and API, because UI is already at the largest scale with CDN) independently of each other.
The customer has specifically mentioned our on-point communication and precise execution of all tasks.
“They were very professional, as opposed to a lot of other companies or freelancers in the space who act a bit more like cowboys.”
We are glad to make such an impression, yet it is the way we work. Below is the Clutch widget with the list of reviews, use the dots in the bottom to navigate between various reviews.
Conclusions on building a resilient AWS infrastructure
We completed building an AWS infrastructure within the strict timeframes and with our usual high level of quality.
“Every time we set or agreed on a deadline, every time we asked them to do something within a certain amount of time, they stuck to it.”
This project is yet one more proof of the importance of professionalism, transparency, and timely delivery, which result in positive customer experience, as well as positive customer reviews with reputable rating agencies like Clutch.
Should you need a reliable managed services provider to make your project come true — contact us, we are always glad to lend a hand!
Feel free to browse through the latest insights and hints on the DevOps, Big Data, Machine Learning and Blockchain from IT Svit!
How DevOps is transforming the travel industry
There are various reasons for implementing DevOps in travel industry, cost-efficiency, performance optimization and business continuity being one of the main. Here is how this can be done.