Agile Product Development from IT Svit
To gain a competitive edge, a startup must utilize an Agile product development process and deliver new product features rapidly. There are multiple products out there that solve all kinds of issues, and the customers choose the one that caters to their needs best and delivers new features fast. IT Svit has ample experience with the product development cycle and is able to deliver all kinds of software and web apps to help our customers succeed.
Reliable product development strategy for your business
Forming a reliable product development strategy ensures the correct allocation of resources, timely delivery of new product features, shortening the overall time-to-market and feedback loops from your customers so that their suggestions and requests turn into new product features rapidly. This is the best outcome for bolstering your brand and enabling word of mouth advocacy.
Complete product development life cycle: from PoC to post-release support and scaling
IT Svit has experience working on all stages of product design and development, from refining the idea to building a Proof of Concept, from developing a Minimum Viable Product to post-release support, scaling and delivery of new features. We can help you business solve any challenges you might face in the product development life cycle.
Predictable product development lifecycle for your success
Every startup that faces the challenges of software development lifecycle can follow one of the three main approaches to product development:
- Hiring the required expertise in-house. Most of the time, the startup owner has some technical background or can partner with a CTO, who possesses one. In addition, using Google App Engine, DigitalOcean or AWS Pipeline can help build a product on your own. However, if your product is a bit more complicated than a one-page eCommerce shop, it might turn out that you need DevOps engineers, QA and testing specialists, database administrators, etc.To hire these talents you’ll need to invest some effort and time in recruitment, either personally, using the in-house recruiter or through a recruitment agency. In any case, this will take some time, and don’t forget that the talents you find and hire can leave at any minute, so while building an in-house team of software engineers is a sound business decision, it still poses lots of risks.
- Hiring the freelancers to do the job. There are multiple job portals and freelancer platforms, where skilled specialists offer their services. Forming a team of freelancers can sound like a good plan, as these talents can be checked by their previous customer reviews and have a rating across the platform, so you can evaluate their hard and soft skills pretty easily and see if they fit your project requirements. In addition, the freelancers can start working on your product at once, while you continue to build the in-house team.However, managing a dispersed team is a very time- and effort-consuming process with lots of uncertainty. Deadlines will shift and the contractors will often find some absolutely irresistible force-majeure reasons for not delivering on time. Thus said, a startup still can get the job done this way, but adding new features to the product would require hiring these specialists again, as they rarely deliver detailed developer documentation, so onboarding new software engineers can be quite a challenge.
- Hiring a dedicated team from a Managed Services Provider like IT Svit. This approach combines the benefits of the two others and lacks their downsides. You gain instant access to a pool of skilled software developers and DevOps engineers, who are able to assist in any stage of the product development lifecycle. We have successfully built several products from scratch and in many cases, we hit the ground running, took the projects over from previous contractors and helped the customers achieve their goals on time.A dedicated team works as a part of your company, integrates into your communication channels and project management system and reports to their PM or to your stakeholders directly. This way you have full control over the product development process and enjoy the visibility of all workflows. MSPs field multiple teams and provide detailed developer documentation, so onboarding new team members will be easy both on your and on their side.In addition, our ample experience with the product design and development workflows ensures IT Svit has polished software development processes and lots of ready solutions for typical challenges, allowing us to reduce time-to-market for your product without any compromise on quality.
What is the product development strategy from IT Svit?
Over 14+ years of providing IT services, and 10+ years of expertise with web and software product development, we have built a flexible and reliable workflow that ensure timely and transparent delivery of new features according to the Agile product development methodology.
- We work in short sprints and deliver results by the end of every sprint.
- We build CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) pipelines before even writing the code, so each code commit is automatically built, tested with the unit tests and passed on to the staging environment for user acceptance testing and QA
- We deliver new code in small neat batches to ensure minimal risk of bugs, effectively ensuring the number of post-release issues to zero
- We use Infrastructure as Code approach, ensuring the continuity of runtime from the IDE all the way to the production environment
- We use open-source system components like Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, and Jenkins wherever possible, to ensure maximum cost-efficiency of software delivery and operations
- We implement and perform smart monitoring, alerting and logging solutions like SumoLogic, ELK Stack, FluentD and Prometheus & Grafana to provide transparent and efficient monitoring of your production environments
- We write in-depth developer documentation, so should you need to onboard new team members, it can be done with ease.
Thus said, IT Svit has a profound understanding and ample experience with software design, full-stack (front-end and back-end) product development, building CI/CD pipelines, delivering DevOps services for software development automation and infrastructure management optimization, configuring bespoke cloud monitoring solutions, etc. We know what NEEDS to be done to deliver what the customer WANTS to achieve.
Should you like us to become partners for your new product development project — contact us, we are always ready to assist!