Backend Infrastructure Design & Development
- Cloud Clutch CRM Development DevOps Infrastructure News Solution
SymplyFI is a virtual telecom platform that helps manage the mobile and WAN networks for geographically-spread companies. IT Svit helped them automate their infrastructure design & backend deployment.
The customer has a product that has outgrown its current boundaries, so the need for the new infrastructure deployment process became obvious. The platform was built around 3 years ago and the configuration of its backend infrastructure was mostly manual, which resulted in taking around 1,5 — 3 weeks to build an infrastructure for a new client.
Thus said, the tasks at hand included the following:
- Automating the backend deployment process to shorten the time of provisioning the infrastructure for a new customer
- Developing a web application for the platform management for a customer
- Writing the application for management and configuration of SymplyFI provisioning.
The project consisted of 4 major parts:
- Developing a tool for automation of backend infrastructure services provisioning
- Delivering the design and architecture for integration of backend services with the customer’s CRM platform
- Designing and developing a gateway for connecting multiple modules from various vendors using RabbitMQ
- Developing a holistic application for combining and configuring all the modules to automatically provision, configure and manage the platform.
DevOps solution design and development
We decided to use Python, Django, Ansible, CentOS 7 and Proxmox for the job. In-depth understanding of the infrastructure operations allowed our team to produce working, efficient models of the required software architecture. With time, all technical project management tasks were delegated to our company, which assumed the role of the technical PM for the development of all the variety of the platform modules.
Aside from that, there are direct status calls each Tuesday and Thursday, where IT Svit technical PM coordinates the work of multiple development teams, allowing the customer to free the internal resources and save around 30% of the estimated budget. To say even more, IT Svit team is always ahead of deadlines.
“They’ve come in under every deadline we’ve had. They’re typically done before we’re ready for them to be done. That’s been consistent throughout all the work they’ve done for us.”
IT Svit team delivers consistent top-quality results within time and proposes ready solutions instead of asking for directions. The customer is greatly pleased with the progress so far and plans to delegate even more tasks, including the web design and development for the new version of the platform, to IT Svit.
“They work fewer hours than other vendors on similar engagements but get twice as much done, if not more. They might be more expensive, but it’s worth it.”
The automation of the backend infrastructure configuration resulted in cutting the time needed to provision the platform for a new user from 1,5 weeks to 1 hour. Thus said, The Network Cloud Company is able to serve hundreds of customers monthly, which opens incredible new perspectives for them in terms of conquering the market.
Most importantly, outsourcing to IT Svit allowed the customer to drastically reduce time to market for the new version of their product.
“They’ll save you not just money but time. They’ll improve the quality of your work because they’re invested in it and perform extremely well.”
IT Svit stands ready to help your business scale and succeed. Contact us and we will help reach your business goals!
Feel free to browse through the latest insights and hints on the DevOps, Big Data, Machine Learning and Blockchain from IT Svit!