Project descriptionThe main goal of the project was to transfer a medical services application to the cloud and to automate and simplify the files conversion for the further data analysis process. The problems were as follows:
- Complex app deployment and configuration
- Low app performance
- Lengthy file conversion
Project requirementsThe customer wanted IT Svit to perform the following services:
- The app deployment must be made quicker and error-proof through CI/CD
- The app must be able to receive and store .raw files from external sources
- .raw files must be converted into .zip files through a complex process
- There must be a storage with folders for the ready files.
Project resultsWe provided the following solutions:
- Building a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, allowing us to automate and drastically shorten the process of app deployment and configuration
- Enabling several operators to work simultaneously during app deployment, instead of waiting for a single operator to build the Docker image.
- Automation of files conversion process to speed up the app performance
- Terraform manifests for rolling out the required storage infrastructure for app operations
Founder at Everdapt Ltd
Their cloud infrastructure management and deployment was flawless and no problems have been encountered. IT Svit communicated well and went out of their way to be responsive. They not only met the deadlines with their cloud integration services but were often ahead of schedule.
Senior Software Developer, skillbyte GmbH
IT Svit is a knowledgeable and diligent DevOps service provider, successfully implementing a complex CMS on time. Their Infrastructure support team is always available for solving any unexpected server issues and is proactive in providing feedback and daily updates. Unlike the previous vendors, they excel in cloud application development.
Talk to our expert!
We will be happy to answer your questionsfree consultation
The customer’s existing infrastructure was unreliable and was prone to failing under heavy workloads. The main reason was the huge amount of resources needed for file conversion and the lack of system feedback, so once the 2.5-hour long job was started, the operator had to wait for the outcome. If the process had failed, the operator could discover it only in 2.5 hours.
We had to accomplish the following improvements:
- Design the new infrastructure on AWS or any other provider
- Ensure the system operational stability and resilience
- Enable CI/CD pipelines for the file conversion processes
- Enable simple system configuration and monitoring
- Allowing multiple operators to use the system at once
Project implementation and challenges resolved
After analyzing the project requirements and existing customer’s infrastructure, IT Svit made the following suggestions:
- Use Google Cloud provider
- Use Jenkins pipelines for the files conversion
- Apply Ansible to install Jenkins, Docker, Java, Nginx, pip
- Apply Terraform manifests to manage the future infrastructure in the cloud and to create the bucket in Google Cloud Storage for files
- Use Nginx as a proxy server