Providing cloud migration testing strategy for your business
A well-thought-out cloud migration strategy is a necessary prerequisite for a successful cloud migration project. Every step of the way must be planned in advance, closely monitored during execution and easily reverted if need be. IT Svit has a deep working knowledge of cloud migration best practices, which allows us to come up with a reliable cloud migration testing strategy for every project and implement it successfully.
Selecting the best cloud migration type for every project
There are two main approaches to cloud migration: lifting and shifting the applications and data to the cloud as-is, or rebuilding the infrastructure in the cloud from scratch using cloud-native alternatives. Both approaches are viable for different projects and experienced DevOps engineers from IT Svit sill select the best variant for your unique project.
10 steps to cloud migration testing roadmap from IT Svit
It is highly advised to follow certain cloud migration best practices to ensure your transition to the cloud is successful. These practices include a redesign of manual QA and testing workflows in favor of automated unit testing delivered by CI/CD pipelines. It also helps with realigning system configuration and management workflows to maximize the reliability of your cloud operations and minimize the time-to-market for new product features. IT Svit helps enable these benefits in 10 straightforward steps forming a cloud migration testing roadmap.
IT Svit selects the best cloud migration testing approach
Migration to the cloud can seem to be very hard for any business, as it involves moving vast amounts of data to the cloud and redesigning all the workflows to run on cloud-native systems. It can be even more daunting when it is done for the first time, as every business DNA is unique and has to be transferred to the cloud in its own way. Thus said, the best way to ensure the success of such an endeavor is to engage an experienced outsourcing team from a reputed Managed Services Provider like IT Svit.
IT Svit started providing remote system administration and IT infrastructure management services 14+ years ago, back in 2005. Ample expertise with Linux servers helped us get a hold of DevOps services almost at once after they gained popularity, and we currently have 5+ years of DevOps cloud management expertise under our belts. Our dedicated teams had accomplished more than 200 cloud migration projects, both from the legacy infrastructures to the cloud and between cloud platforms. Thus said, IT Svit is capable of designing and implementing an excellent cloud migration strategy for your business and address any challenges that your cloud migration project might encounter.
Bespoke cloud migration testing strategy for your business
Every business infrastructure is different and dictates different approaches to cloud transition. However, an approximate cloud migration roadmap must involve certain steps listed below:
- Infrastructure and workflow assessment. IT Svit team works with your business stakeholders to form a clear picture of how your systems are built and how they function.
- Creating a plan for infrastructure optimization. Our DevOps engineers define the weak points and performance bottlenecks of your current infrastructure and suggest the solutions for these.
- Clone the optimized infrastructure to the cloud. This way we are able to begin cloud migration testing for your applications, data and workloads.
- Integrating your systems with cloud-native analogs. Sometimes only a database upgrade is needed to make it compatible with cloud web services, sometimes you must switch to another database altogether. The same goes for all modules.
- Building a single CI/CD pipeline in the cloud. This will be used to test the migration process for your system components. Basically, it is a scenario for automated migration with a rollback capability.
- Moving a single app or module to the cloud by a CI/CD pipeline. This ensures the scenario works as intended and can be reverted without disrupting app availability.
- Moving the majority of the apps and modules to the cloud. This includes mission-critical systems that can be lifted-and-shifted without much effort spent on the redesign.
- Decommissioning the on-prem infrastructure. Sometimes it can still be used for secondary tasks, sometimes the customers prefer to get rid of it altogether.
- Training your staff to use the new workflows. This actually happens along the way, and at this stage, we simply provide the developer documentation.
- Enacting long-term DevOps services. In many cases, our customers preferred to assign the ongoing cloud infrastructure management tasks to us and reallocate their internal resources elsewhere.
Thus said, it is only a template of the cloud migration testing strategy and it can be adjusted based on the needs of your project. IT Svit can handle any cloud migration type, so if you need assistance with cloud migration testing — let us know and we will be glad to help!