Why IT Svit uses Node-RED for handling the JS development
- Development News Outsourcing Startup Tools
There are multiple illustrations of how inconvenient and effort-costly reading someone else’s code can be. IT Svit has encountered this problem more than once and Node-RED can help solve it for us — and for you.
If your current business goals require the migration from one database to another, or even changing the type of the databases used — we can help you plan, design and execute this transition. While not all database migrations are fully compatible, we are usually able to migrate all the core data and fill in the rest rapidly to ensure your project goes along the rails and succeeds.
Big Data analytics implementation
Once we have integrated and configured your ELK stack, we can make the next step and implement the Big Data analytics for your business, so you get the most out of your machine-generated data. Find possible revenues and avoid potential pitfalls by uncovering the previously hidden patterns.
Faster cloud transition
Starting using Kubernetes is impossible without undergoing the full-scale cloud transition. This is a complex project with multiple underwater reefs, and it’s better to know about them beforehand than being smashed against the wall and facing the system outages, product crashes and project failures. Employing the DevOps service provider to outline and execute your transition to the cloud provides instant access to a pool of skilled software engineers, who can handle the task and ensure your project success.
When the time comes to move away from a legacy infrastructure and enjoy all the benefits of the cloud, there are many ways to choose from:
- Lift-and-shift your product to the public cloud to enjoy its built-in scalability and performance
- Rebuild your product to become cloud-native in a private cloud
- Launch your own on-prem cloud to ensure maximum security and availability while still using the scalability of the cloud
If you decide to utilize another set of cloud features, a transition to a different cloud provider is possible. In order to do it seamlessly, your infrastructure must be cloud-agnostic and able to work equally well with any cloud service provider. We make it possible by using the following tools:
- Terraform for creating flexible manifests for Infrastructure as Code provisioning
- Kubernetes for building highly performant and manageable clusters
- Ansible for automating various aspects of software delivery
- Jenkins to enable the CI/CD pipelines and deployment automation
ELK stack optimization
ELK stack can be installed by following the official documentation, but it performs best when it is custom-tailored to meet the demands of a specific project. Thus said, optimization of the ELK stack in place is a common enough task for IT Svit. We can ensure top performance of the stack itself, as well as cost-efficiency and feasibility of the system as a whole.
Kubernetes expertise is an expensive one. Knowing all the system nooks and crannies by heart takes time and the risk of paying for unused modules that were the part of your “turnkey solution” offered by the cloud service provider. By knowing what is needed on every project stage, the team is able to save up to 50% on various services and features without compromising the project progress or quality.
CI/CD stands for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of code. This means each developer commits their code to the shared GitHub project branch to ensure integrity and stability of the product functionality — and all the processes of server provisioning and configuration for the needs of building, testing, staging and deploying the new code are automated. This approach yields multiple benefits:
- Time&cost savings. The developers do not have to wait for Ops engineers to provision and configure new server environments. They simply use the ready scripts and manifests for that and can work on the code without interruptions and bottlenecks — and without wasting your resources.
- Error-proofing. As the infrastructure provisioning and configuration processes are scripted, the room for human error is absent. This excludes the “works on my machine” situations, as all developers work in exactly the same environments.
- Variety of applications. Scripting the operations and performing them by automated toolchains (pipelines) simplifies all aspects of the software lifecycle, including new feature testing, deployment, and maintenance in production.
CI/CD pipelines can be enabled for literally every aspect of IT operations aside from writing and testing the new code:
- Monitoring. Toolchains like Prometheus+Grafana+Zabbix enable smart system monitoring with informative dashboards and alerting to the messengers of your choice.
The other alternative is using Icinga+Nagios+Datadog to achieve nearly the same functionality.
- Logging. We deploy ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) in conjunction with Splunk, Sumologic or FluentD to ensure detailed and in-depth logging and processing of your machine-generated data.
- Alerting. Instead of plain incident notifications, your team can receive alerts containing detailed reports with screenshots, which highlight the roots of the problem and suggest the solution.
Transition to AWS cloud platform
AWS is the most popular cloud IaaS provider worldwide and many businesses decide to migrate to it at some point of their lifecycle. IT Svit has broad expertise with the transition to AWS from on-prem servers, dedicated data centers or other cloud providers. We help design and implement cost-efficient AWS infrastructure, using only the services your project really needs and avoiding overspending. Remaining lean means remaining competitive.
- We assess the project requirements and form a list of AWS services and third-party analogs required to make it perform best.
- We design the infrastructure according to your preferences and implement it after your approval
- We provide detailed guides for your IT team on how to use your AWS infrastructure best
- We can manage your AWS product infrastructure for you
We are often hired for defending from cybersecurity attacks. We have also good knowledge of recovering the customers from the consequences of earlier malicious actions. This expertise helps us perform a thorough and all-around assessment of the IT infrastructure in place to identify possible security breaches and help mitigate the risks.